The first year of Beach School was a huge success!
Goonhavern School was one of twenty-five schools in the country to be awarded a 'Beach Clean Box' from Surfers Against Sewage and we put it to good use completing 10 beach cleans!
Using IGLU wetsuits and boards supplied by Piran Surf, every year group worked with instructors from Perranporth Surf School to take part in a surf lesson and learn about beach safety.
'This is the BEST day of my life!' Sam, Year 5
The whole community came together to make Beach School a success and we would like to thank:
- Mark Thorn, Lucy Rimmer and all of the staff at Pirran Surf for allowing us to use their equipment and helping to get it to the beach;
- Michelle Sanwell for supporting and encouraging all of the children in the water;
- The Surf Living Saving Club for allowing us to use the club changing rooms and facilities;
- Lizzi and her team from SAS for supporting us with the beach cleans;
- Perranporth Surf School;
- The staff at the Texaco Garage for allowing use their carparks;
- All of the parents who came to support us on the beach.
Photos taken by Remy Whiting