Class R and Class 1 take part in cycle skill workshops for half a term in the summer. These session aim to build on children's current skill levels. Over the sessions all children progress massively, developing their cycling skills, confidence and bravery whatever their ability. We aim to concentrate on safety, steering, signalling, brake control, crossing roads, negotiating slaloms, hills, grass slopes, wooden bumps and some even tackle a ramp! During the sessions we have had an extremely high success rate of getting children to ride their bikes without stabilizers. Our aim is to make sure every children can ride a bike before they leave the infants.
- Cycling is so much faster than walking, meaning you can get to school in half the time – that means more time in bed!
- You’ll get fit – cycling is one of the best forms of exercise you can get.
- Cycling is good for the planet – bikes don’t pollute the air with exhaust fumes, the only energy they use is pedal power!
- Cycling gives you loads of freedom – you can pop round to a mate’s house without having to wait for a lift.
- More children cycling will lead to improved health and fitness, reduced congestion and pollution and hopefully even more Olympic champions!
- There’s a brand new world for you to discover when you get in the saddle, whether you’re cycling to school or riding around in your free time with your mates.
- Cycling at least twenty miles a week reduces the risk of heart disease to less than half that for non-cyclists who take no other exercise.
- Kids who cycle are more confident, more independent and perform better at school!
- Because it’s fun and it’s free – what more do you need!
Please click here to see more photos.