Independence in Class 1
Learning to be an independent individual is a fundamental part of Key Stage 1. Your child will be provided with opportunities to make independent choices and to build upon the life skills they began to develop in Class R. In Class 1 your child is expected to:
- Take responsibility for their belongings. (Hang up their own coat and bag, look after jumpers, water bottles, book bags etc.)
- Change their own reading books.
- Tidy up after themselves.
- Drink plenty of water and re-fill their drinks bottles as needed.
- Get them self changed for PE.
We greatly appreciate your support with this.