Please use the menu of this page to view the medium term planning for each half term. Our intention for sharing this planning is to provide parents with an overview of the learning taking place in school so that parents can further support their children at home. We would like to make you aware of the following points:
- Our planning follows a thematic, cross curricular, skills based, creative approach.
- All teachers plan in different ways with differing levels of information.
- Teachers also use weekly/daily planning to plan in more detail.
- Not all subjects are delivered each half term but are balanced throughout the academic year.
- Teachers often block units of work to make the best use of time, for example 5 hours of Design Technology work could be delivered in one day, with cross curricular links to other subjects.
- All planning is informed by assessment and pupil progress. Therefore the planning is subject to change on a daily basis.
- Planning can also change based on children’s interests and lines of enquiry. It can also be adapted to include current local and national affairs.
We hope that you find this information useful. Should you wish to ask any questions about your child's learning, please do not hesitate to contact your child's class teacher.