The Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP) is additional funding for early years settings to improve the education they provide for 3- and 4-year-olds.
3- and 4-year-olds in state-funded early education will attract EYPP funding if they meet at least 1 of the following criteria:
- Their family gets 1 of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided they’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on, which is paid for 4 weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- They have been in local-authority care for 1 day or more in England or Wales
- They have been adopted from care in England or Wales
- They have left care under a special guardianship order or residence order in England or Wales
Pupil premium at Goonhavern Pre-School
Eligibility for pupil premium at Goonhavern Pre-School is constantly being evaluated. Pupil Premium aims to support all children to achieve their full potential. The funding will be used to access training and resources with the aim of supporting vulnerable children make better progress than national expectations and to close the attainment gap.
EYPP within Goonhavern Primary School has meant that:
- Through the use of online learning journals we have improved parental engagement and can share ideas and next steps to support parents in helping their children to learn.
- We have a Parent Support Advisor who helps parents support their children's welfare and development and transition to Primary School.
- We have invested in resources to promote and support communication and language within the setting.
- Staff development has included 'visual communication' to support children's language skills and emotional wellbeing, enabling them to access the Early Years' curriculum.
Here at Goonhavern Pre-School we value every child’s individual learning journey and believe that children make progress through high levels of wellbeing, involvement and exploratory play. Pupil Premium will also be used for targeted intervention to enhance teaching and learning within the pre-school.