School Aims and Values
Resilience - COLLABORATION - CREATIVE THINKING
SELF IMPROVEMENT - RESPONSIBILITY
As a school we aim to ensure that:
- Each child is valued for their individual contributions and develops a positive attitude towards everyone in the life of the school and community.
- Each child develops high self-esteem, confidence and a true feeling of self-worth and develops a sense of responsibility.
- Each child appreciates the spiritual nature of life.
- Each child acquires a set of moral values and attitudes including honesty, respect, sincerity, trust and personal responsibility.
- Each child develops understanding and mutual respect of other religions, races, cultures, gender, people with disabilities and associated points of view.
- Each child develops a lively, enquiring mind and life skills so that he/she will have the ability to experiment, think independently, investigate, take risks, challenge, discriminate and make informed choices whilst at school and in their later life.
- Each child develops the skills and attitudes necessary to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Each child is able to respond positively as a learner to all aspects of the curriculum and performs at a level of competency in all areas with confidence and enthusiasm.
- Each child will be enriched, motivated and challenged by a broad and balanced curriculum and will be valued for all their efforts and achievements.
- Each child will be given equal opportunities to participate in all aspects of school life.
- Each child develops an understanding of citizenship and their role in the local, national and global community.
- Each child understands how to look after their own wellbeing, using the five ways to wellbeing.